Welcome to Kelly's Music & Computers Blog
The latest news, rumours, tips and insights into music technology from Kelly's Music & Computers!
Join one of our monthly newsletters to find out about new products, updates, sales, special promotions and more!
You can also view blog entries prior to 2011.
We've answered over 30,000 questions about music & computers - why not ask us yours?
Thursday, March 10, 2016
The Akai Tom Cat is an exciting true analog drum machine with five built-in percussion voices, including kick, snare, and clap sounds with chromatically tunable Disco Toms.
On-board controls—all continuously variable—let you customize the tuning, amplitude envelopes, and volume of each drum voice separately for precise real-time adjustment, so you can get that perfect sound. Outfitted with six MPC-style pads and a built-in 32-step sequencer, Tom Cat provides an ultra-responsive interface with a classic drum machine layout.
Drum patterns can be fine-tuned using the Swing function, Pattern Select, and Tempo Control knob. A custom signal path, activated by its unique “Maul” circuitry, lets you ‘dirty up’ your drums for just the right effect.
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
If you are serious about creating truly realistic sounding solo and accompaniment guitar stuff for your songs, our product called RealGuitar is just what you need. RealGuitar is a sample-based virtual instrument with an innovative approach to guitar sound modeling and guitar part performing on keyboard.
The true power of RealGuitar lies in brand new technologies incorporated in this innovative guitar performance tool:
- New multi-channel layering technology, incorporating a custom library of specially recorded samples taken from every fret of all 6 strings of a real guitar.
- The unique Floating Fret Position technology, which imitates change of fret position of a guitarist's hand on the neck. This gives you the possibility of playing on up to 104 guitar frets using just 43 keys of a standard keyboard!
- The original Guitar Touch technology letting you easily imitate basic guitar techniques (strumming, plucking, sliding, bending, muting, etc..), using standard MIDI keyboard and MIDI controllers, such as Pitch Bender, Modulation Wheel, Sustain Pedal, Aftertouch.
- Guitar Rhythm Pattern technology providing powerful Pattern Manager completed with a huge MusicLab Guitar Pattern Library for easily creating guitar accompaniment tracks. All you have to do is to find the appropriate rhythm pattern(s) in the Pattern Manager tree view, copy it to the needed number of measures, start your sequencer and use MIDI keyboard to play chord changes, or alternatively add chords to a MIDI track via sequencer's editor.
- The unique Struminator technology lets you use alternative MIDI controller (standard Guitar Hero game controller for Sony Playstation 3 by Activision Inc) for creating authentic guitar accompaniment parts with ease and fun.
Thursday, March 3, 2016
Enhance your audio and video editing software with the unique tools and groundbreaking new improvements of RX 5 Audio Editor noise reduction software. Repair, enhance, and restore problematic production audio from plosives to microphone bumps to inconsistent levels and dramatically improve sound quality and clarity.
With a single mouse gesture, paint away problems using a visual editing tool that lets you directly interact with your audio! With a renewed focus on workflow enhancements and solution-oriented tools, RX 5 minimizes the number of steps needed to solve various audio repair problems. Pioneering tools are designed not just to enhance the existing process and quality of dialogue production, but set the industry standard for cleaning up, repairing, and editing dialogue.
Tuesday, March 1, 2016
We've added some awesome new vocal tools to our website:
- VoiceSolo FX150: Why settle for someone else’s idea of a monitor mix when you can easily create your own? Just place VoiceSolo FX150 where it counts most for you: on a mic stand, as a wedge monitor, high on a PA stand or even on a desktop
- Mic Mechanic: Dead room? Flat mic? No sound guy? Call in Mic Mechanic: a complete vocal toolbox in a compact, easy-to-use pedal.
- Harmony Singer: Increase your sound with a couple of backup singers, an expert engineer and a ton of gear – all with one simple stomp box. Whether you’re electric, electro-acoustic, pro or practicing, Harmony Singer means that your vocal presentation will rock just as hard as your guitar
- Ditto Mic Looper: Go from idea to performance in an instant, with ease. One knob, two buttons – it couldn’t be simpler! With its superior audio quality, unlimited overdubs and Undo/Redo, Ditto Mic Looper is the essential choice for looping vocals and instruments.