Welcome to Kelly's Music & Computers Blog
The latest news, rumours, tips and insights into music technology from Kelly's Music & Computers!
Join one of our monthly newsletters to find out about new products, updates, sales, special promotions and more!
You can also view blog entries prior to 2011.
We've answered over 30,000 questions about music & computers - why not ask us yours?
Thursday, November 28, 2013
Wouldn't it be great to have one compact portable interface for your iPhone, iPad or Mac that you could use to connect your studio mics, your guitar or bass, your keyboards and your MIDI controller, and play, practice and record on the go? Ta Da! Now you can with iRig PRO.
iRig PRO is the first full-featured compact audio and MIDI interface you can use with your XLR microphones, your guitar and bass, your keyboard or other line-level source and your MIDI controllers. It features an XLR/1/4" combo jack for connecting microphones and instruments (accepts XLR and 1/4" TS cables), and a MIDI input for plugging in your favorite controller.
Now when you're on the go, you can record vocals, harmonies, acoustic instruments, electric guitar/bass, keyboards and more without changing your interface and disrupting your creative flow. You will find iRig PRO to be the most versatile iPhone and iPad accessory in your gig bag. And when you get back to your Mac, plug iRig PRO into your USB port and keep jamming away on your laptop or desktop.
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Until the end of the year, we have special pricing on EZ Drummer, the EZX Expansions, Superior Drummer and the SDX Expansions!
Friday, November 22, 2013
Thursday, November 21, 2013
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
- A new time saving Comping Mode
- VST 3 support, 64 bit engine and no need to rescan for new VST plug-ins
- Melodyne Essential included and integrated with Studio and Producer Edition for pitch correction, time stretching, and audio to MIDI conversion
- Integrated YouTube publishing
- Get 5GB of integrated cloud file back-up and sharing with Gobbler
- You can now change the color of tracks - as silly as this may sound, this can really help organize and group tracks together
- New effects in producer: Quad-Curve EQ Zoom, Tape Emulator, Addictive Drums (full version), Lounge Lizard Session, Strum Acoustic Session and more!
Monday, November 18, 2013
Samplitude Pro X Suite - 50% off, Crossgrade from Sonar for only $199!Magix is reaching out to Sonar customers who are concerned about Gibson's recent acquisition of Cakewalk by offering a special price on Samplitude Pro X and Samplitude Pro X Suite. You will need to e-mail us proof that you own Sonar in order to take advantage of this offer.
Don't forget that Samplitude Pro X Suite is also half price until the end of the year! A $500 savings, this is a great opportunity to purchase a powerful, flexible and efficient DAW. Even if you already have another recording program, it is well worth considering Samplitude Pro X Suite at this price. With full surround sound support and over 70 GB of content, Samplitude is an amazing value!
Thursday, November 14, 2013
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
- Electronic Valve Instrument (EVI) fingering mode for brass players
- Touch sensitive keys and octave roller for quick and responsive playing
- Sensitive breath sensor for expressive dynamics
- Built-in analog modeling synth sound module
- Built-in MIDI output for use with sound modules
- PC and Mac Editor software for customizing, storing and instantly recalling internal sounds
- Lightweight and portable design with battery power
Thursday, November 7, 2013
Perfectly suited for audio engineering and recording, post production, archiving, broadcasting, forensics and more, RX 3 delivers cutting-edge tools for treating previously unusable audio. With an intuitive spectral editor and 10+ intelligent modules, RX 3 enables you to fix troubled audio with unprecedented power and precision.
Complete Set of Tools!
RX 3 includes everything you need to repair both common and uncommon audio problems:
- Turn flawed audio into pristine, usable material using Denoise, Declip, Declick & Decrackle, Spectral Repair and more.
- Pinpoint problems faster than ever with the Spectrogram and Spectrum Analyzer.
- Easily finesse your sound with dedicated audio enhancement modules like EQ, Gain, Channel Operations, and RX 3 Advanced's Time & Pitch.
Tuesday, November 5, 2013
The industry-standard 4-deck controller, and soundcard includes TRAKTOR software with an improved look and feel and visual feedback. It is also plug and play with TRAKTOR DJ for iPad and iPhone.