Welcome to Kelly's Music & Computers Blog
The latest news, rumours, tips and insights into music technology from Kelly's Music & Computers!
Join one of our monthly newsletters to find out about new products, updates, sales, special promotions and more!
You can also view blog entries prior to 2011.
We've answered over 30,000 questions about music & computers - why not ask us yours?
Thursday, August 29, 2013
For students and teachers, Media Composer 7 Academic is identical to Media Composer 7 Interplay Edition, but at special pricing for education. Jumpstart your editing career using the same tools the pros use, and get up to four years of complimentary upgrades, so you can stay up to date throughout your studies (Teachers - please be sure to order the Faculty version, or contact us for more information. The faculty version does not include free version upgrades.) If you already own a previous version of Media Composer log into your Avid account to download upgrades.
- Acquire high-res media and deliver in HD, with full creative control of reframing, using new FrameFlex tools
- Perform real-time RAW and LogC to Rec. 709 color space conversions with 1D/3D LUTs and CDLs
- Automate media management tasks, such as transcoding, in the background with new Dynamic Media Folders
- Extend real-time production everywhere with support for Interplay, Interplay Sphere, and Interplay Central
- Insert RTAS plug-ins to tweak tones and optimize overall program loudness with the new Master Audio Fader
- Make audio adjustments to any clip directly in the timeline with new Clip Gain control
- Deliver finished sequences to a standardized AS-11 (AMWA) MXF OP1a file
- Get 9-way real-time multicam support for Long GOP (XDCAM) media
- Select multiple clips in the timeline without the filler
- View location sound metadata from Broadcast Wave files with support for iXML
- Work with Alpha channel media using the updated QuickTime AMA plug-in
- Edit easier with new AMA enhancements
- Work on Windows 8 laptops and computers
- Add advanced color, effects, and mastering tools with the Symphony option
Friday, August 23, 2013
This release brings PLAY 4 to ALL EastWest collections! This is exciting news for every single EastWest user as all EastWest collections inherit PLAY 4 with new features including a new mixer window, a new true stereo reverb, the option to use the new Channel FX from SSL and more.
The PLAY 4 installer is a FULL INSTALLER and is NOT an update. You need not have PLAY 3 installed to install PLAY 4.
Thursday, August 22, 2013
Song ideas can happen anywhere and with the DP-006 you are ready. Jot down all of the key components to your songs using this professional sounding multi-track recorder. Be ready wherever creativity strikes. For elongated battery life this model can connect directly to TASCAM's external battery pack (BP-6AA) via USB.
Tuesday, August 20, 2013
- Features additional instruments from the Remo private collection, hand picked by Remo himself.
- Played by master percussionists Mickey Hart, Greg Ellis and Chalo Eduardo.
- Produced by Nick Phoenix, "Two Steps From Hell" composer and creator of Stormdrum 1 and 2, epic percussion collections.
- Includes tempo synced percussion performances directed and played by Mickey Hart, with Greg Ellis, Chalo Eduardo and Nick Phoenix
- Includes 5 user-controllable mic positions for each instrument.
- Recorded in the world famous EASTWEST Studio 1, the home of major Hollywood soundtracks and television themes.
- Includes new PLAY 4 64-bit/32-bit software on both MAC and PC, more user control and detail than any other collect
Friday, August 16, 2013
Buy PianoTeq Pro or PianoTeq Standard before August 31st and receive a free Add-On for free from Modartt ($59 value!)
Pianoteq 4 represents the future of virtual pianos, providing the best and latest technology available. The sound is reproduced through a physical model that simulates properties and behaviours of real acoustic pianos. This results in a remarkably playable, vivid and adaptable instrument. The size of Pianoteq is just 20 MB (MegaBytes) and installation is quick and easy. You can use Pianoteq on any modern laptop and connect it to your MIDI compatible piano keyboard.
Thursday, August 15, 2013
- Over 30 videos and animations teach you about your voice and proper technique, and show how sound is produced by your body.
- Over 230 interactive voice lessons teach you how to sing better by understanding breathing, resonance, how to form vowels and consonants, and much more.
- Interactive ear-training and sight-reading tutorials with quizzes on intervals, matching pitches, and other topics to develop your ear and help you learn how to read music notation.
- eMedia Interactive Feedback technology that displays the notes you are singing on screen in notation as the software listens to your singing via the computer microphone. You’ll see color coded notes that display when you are singing flat, sharp, or on pitch, and arrows to show whether you need to sing higher or lower.
- Performance Evaluation technology that will listen to you sing the whole song, give specific feedback on mistakes, and provide an overall score.
- Progress tracking with personalized reports on your voice lessons, including performance scores.
- Songs cover a wide range of styles including folk, pop, jazz, R&B, opera, classical, and showtunes.
- Hit songs such as “Imagine,” by John Lennon; “Dancing In the Street,” made famous by Martha and the Vandellas and David Bowie/Mick Jagger; “Stop! In the Name of Love,” made famous by Diana Ross and the Supremes.
- Singing lessons and songs with audio and variable-speed MIDI tracks where selections can be looped, slowed, or sped up.
- Professionally-arranged live piano accompaniments are included to help keep singing lessons fun and engaging.
- A digital metronome to help develop your sense of rhythm, and a recorder so you can hear yourself and track your progress as you learn more about how to sing.
Unleash your inner voice and let it soar! Learn how to sing today with eMedia Singing Method!
Tuesday, August 13, 2013
Thursday, August 8, 2013
Stratus is powerful but not expensive. An Intel "Sandy Bridge-E" Xeon processor pushes data through a chain of premium components at light speed. New high performance hard drives stream your media up to 6 gigabits per second and onto your external hard drives through USB 3.0 and eSATA 3.0. An amazing seven PCI and PCI Express 2.0 expansion slots give you the option to add additional graphics technology including HD capture cards that fit easily inside chassis.
- NVIDIA Quadro K2000 workstation-class graphics processor
- Powered by a 3.6GHz Intel "Sandy Bridge-E" Xeon quad-core processor.
- Room for up to 8 terabytes of high performance storage and 64GB of 1600MHz memory.
- One Free Rain Ensemble Plug & Play Session for help with all your gear.
- RainCare Technical Support & Warranty [1 Year]
Tuesday, August 6, 2013
Friday, August 2, 2013
EZdrummer® is a multi-microphone drum sampler designed for musicians and producers in need of a compact, affordable, easy to handle plug-in without compromising sound quality or control. The visualized drums in the interface combine auditioning of sounds and drumkit construction. The extensive drag and drop MIDI library (featuring 8000+ MIDI files) enables users to create a great drum track in just a few clicks. For more advanced handling, users can control microphone bleeding and levels between drums using the internal mixer.
Thursday, August 1, 2013
If you're looking for a really powerful USB audio device that is small and that gives you maximum performance under Mac OS X as well as under any current Windows environment including Windows Vista, 7 & 8, then U24 XL is for you.
- 2 x analog input and 2 analog output channels (1/4" TRS connectors)
- one output connector usable as headphone output
- S/PDIF digital in and out available via optical (Toslink) and coaxial (RCA) connectors
- 24 Bit AD/DA converter
- realtime input monitoring for incoming signals
- drivers for Windows 8/7/Vista/XP with ASIO 2.0 support with low latency
- Core Audio support under Mac OS X 10.4 and higher