Welcome to Kelly's Music & Computers Blog
The latest news, rumours, tips and insights into music technology from Kelly's Music & Computers!
Join one of our monthly newsletters to find out about new products, updates, sales, special promotions and more!
You can also view blog entries prior to 2011.
We've answered over 30,000 questions about music & computers - why not ask us yours?
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
This software instrument accurately captures the distinctive sound of the hallmark and legendary Steinway & Sons Model D concert grand piano - with unprecedented authenticity and musicality.
The Basic version is an amazing bargain and is ideal for students, musicians, and educators. This reduced price version includes the "Under the Lid" listening perspective which is ideal for most situations.
Advanced programming also makes this a truly "playable" and responsive library. Among its many features:
- Created in partnership with Steinway & Sons
- Overseen by Steinway & Sons' most accomplished master technician
- Sustain/Sostenuto/Soft pedal support
- Proportional sustain pedaling
- Sustain resonance and sympathetic resonance using convolution-based DSP modules
- Adjustable mechanical noises
- Adjustable velocity curves
- Recorded soft pedal samples including releases
- Adjustable polyphony
- A variety of historical tunings and Scala files
- Aria Instrument Engine by Plogue included
- MIDI playback and record in standalone